Rosh Pinna is a town of approximately 2,500 people located in the on the eastern slopes of Mount Kna’an.
The first modern Jewish settlement in the Galilee, Gei Oni, was founded in 1878 by Jews from Safed, some of whom were descended from Spanish Jews exiled in 1492. However it was abandoned after three years of drought. A year later, in 1882, a group of Romanian Jews built the first lasting settlement in the Galilee and named it Rosh Pinna. Then in 1884 Baron Edmond de Rothschild sponsored the settlement and made it the administrative center for his holdings.
Over the past decades Rosh Pina has become a tourist gem.The old Colony became a center for tourists in the Upper Galilee with plenty of guest rooms, restaurants, shops,local art Galleries and interesting spots.
One of the interesting sites in Rosh Pina is the House of Dignitaries is a structure built in 1882 and used as a center of administration and finance for Rosh Pinna and other towns in the Galilee region. near by you can visit the ancient synagogue, which was commissioned by the Baron, also has been preserved.The Mer house was the home of Professor Gideon Mer, an expert on malaria,epidemiologist and an important contributor to the eradication of malaria in the 1930’s. The house presents a room dedicated to his memory and an exhibit of ancient items from various periods, such as old plows, laboratory equipment and textbooks.
PICA House provides an audio-visual presentation that tells the story of Rosh Pinna. PICA House served as an administrative center and residence for Baron Rothschild’s clerks, advisors, and agricultural counselors.
The Baron Rothschild gardens were designed by a French landscape architect and planted in 1886. Many plants such as Bougainvillea and pine trees were brought from France. All of these sites are located in the old part of the Colony.
Nimrod Lookout is a lookout over the breath – taking Galilee and Golan Heights views in Rosh Pina. This Lookout is a memorial site to Nimrod Segev who was born in Rosh Pina in 1977 and fell in 2006 in the second Lebanon.